So we’ve already told you what we want to achieve, now it’s time to show you how we’ll do it!
As shown on the schema our CanSat will measure multiple parameters during its mission including:
- Acceleration, magnetic field and angular velocity in all three axis,
- Temperature and humidity,
- Particle radiation,
- Precise GPS position of the probe,
- Analog video from onboard camera,
- Two other parameters we now want to keep secret :)
All of the gathered data will be transmitted to the ground station for subsequent processing and simultaneously saved on a memory card. After landing the microcontroller will switch to post-flight mode and retransmit in loop all stored measurements.
The data gathered will be used at the ground station to further estimate various characteristics of the landing site.